Friday, August 15, 2008

A New Playground

After about 2 1/2 years of research, multiple rec and council meetings, and more hours than I would like to admit, Buhl finally has new playground equipment. It is safe, it is fun, and it looks great! We are so excited to have a safe place for children from our community to play!

The playground has 3 slildes, multiple climbers, a storefront panel, and 2 fun spring riders. Lots for kids of all ages to do. We still need swings and a ramp (the surfacing is accessible, but I forgot to order a ramp for access to the accessible surfacing).
I should mention that as the (soon to be former) park and rec director, this was my project from start to finish. Lots of work, but totally worth it for my kids and all of the kids in our town!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow - it's beautiful! So nice to see the finished product of all of your hard work! Nice job. Maybe we'll get to play on it one day...

Kristina said...

It is a wonderful playground. I loved our ribbon-cutting ceremony. Great work, Lara and Josh. Nolan really loves it too.