Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What are they doing???

I thought that we could play a little guessing game. You can guess what Ben and Grace are doing, sitting in their chairs, wrapped in a blanket, with big smiles on their faces. I will even give you hints.
Things I overheard while waiting for the big event: "this is going to be great" "aren't you excited??" "we should pretend we are having popcorn- and not the puffy kind. REAL popcorn!"

Have you guessed? Are they watching a fun movie? A favorite TV show? Reading a special book, or listening to a fabulous story? No, no,no and no.

Are they spectators at an amazing event? I guess that would be accurate, if you were 3 and 5 and lived in northern MN.

I will now tell you, as you will never guess.

They are waiting for the garbage truck to come back and pick up our garbage.

Huh.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Ha ha! That's great. Kids are so easy to entertain sometimes. :)

Kristina said...

That was pretty cute. Lara, nyou are very clever with words. Isn't it great how children love the simple things in life.... Love, mom, not Kristina (I also wrote the Emma comment)

Melissa said...

Great post.

Kristina said...

So funny. I would have never guessed.