Monday, April 20, 2009

Garden Party

Saturday was Emma's birthday party, and we did a sort of garden theme. You know, the cake had flowers, and it was 40 degrees outside. That sort of garden. I made the cake, and was excited to use some marshmallow fondant for the accent flowers. It was fun to work with, and someday I will make a cake covered in it.

Emma had a great time at her party- she was a sweet little hostess. She loved being the center of attention- I thought that one year olds were supposed to cry and scream at their party. She only cried when she was hungry.
She did not attempt to blow out the candles- thank heavens she has a brother and sister to help her out! She tried to grab the candle, so we have no candle pics.
I made a smaller cake just for Emma, and we plopped it down in front of her, and let her go! She barely made a mess, and spent more time playing than eating! Works for me!

Emma had a great party, with new fun gifts and lots of fun memories. For us, at least!
Happy Birthday Emma!

On a side note, Emma also had her one year checkup this week, and I though I could share her stats with you! She is a little girl- only 28 inches, in the 18th percentile, and 19 lbs, 11 ounces- 28th percentile. She is petite, just a bit round. She is perfectly healthy, and doing great!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love 1-year-olds. They are just precious. The cake turned out great and it sounds as though the party was a roaring success. Can't ask for more than that! On to even bigger and better things Miss Emma!

Jim and Kathy said...

The pics turned out great. I need to get to Walgreens to do ours. Actually, dad and I have lots of pics we need to develope. I love the one of her looking through the cake. The cake looks professional on camera.