Saturday, April 4, 2009

Keepin' you updated-

We have been busy. Doing what? you ask. Being sick. For a looong time. First Grace got the cold, then Ben and Emma. Ben has not been to school since last Thursday. You know- a week ago this past Thursday. The cold itself was not so bad- runny noses, etc. The cough that came at the end was the trouble. And was it trouble! Fortunately, Emma skipped right over this part. Ben and Grace are still coughing, but we have decided to ignore it, and venture forth into the world.

Yesterday, we went to the pediatric ophtalmologist. I do not know if that is spelled correctly, or even really a word. Ben could tell me, of course, since he CAN SEE! Whoo-hoo! No glasses needed in this house! ( at least not for Ben) Of course, the mystery of why he failed all of the letter tests is yet to be solved. We think it is more processing than acuity. We will deal with that, but not today. Today we are celebrating NOT NEEDING GLASSES!!!!!!

I have finally decided what I want to be when I grow up. Which is next Spring. At least, I graduate next spring. Still in no rush to grow up. I am now a psychology major with a special education minor. I will then (hopefully- life may get in the way of ever graduating, or having a career) enter a postbac program where I will take some more special ed courses and get my license to teach special education! It makes me smile to think about. I have wanted to teach special education for ever. I just did not know that the option was there. I will get to take courses one evening a week, and one Saturday a month in Duluth. You know, interact face-to-face with other adults. SO exciting!

Emma is almost one, but we will talk about that later. I still have to accept it. We are almost done nursing, she is almost walking. I am still hanging on to almost.

Grace is in her very own soccer post. She and Ben have been Wall-e and EVE for the past week, while attempting to get better from the cold.

Josh is fine- lots of ambulance calls have been keeping him busy!

Did I mention Ben does not need glasses? Oh, did I?

You are now updated.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good update. Yay on no glasses, just enjoy that for now and the rest will come. So glad you are excited about your schooling/career choice! It is so wonderful when you find the path to what you want is straight and clear. Yay for you! You are certainly talented in that arena (among others) and will without doubt find success in your chosen area.

Kristina said...

I agree with Melissa. Updates are nice. And so great about the no glasses thing! Sorry about all the sicknesses. NO FUN! Teaching is a very rewarding career. You will love it and do very well.