Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"red"ecorating

Well, I guess that red is my new favorite color, or at least accent color, in my house. I love it with green, with brown, and with yellow, white, __________. You name it, I love red with it. Not really orange, but sometimes. You know what I mean. Anyway, this is the new look of my kitchen. It was a very yellow yellow, which made me smile, but it was time for a change. I found the cherry curtains, and decided I love the retro-50's look. I really need a ruffly apron, just for in the kitchen. I also love green, and decided to put red cherries with a soft green. The result- a happy, calming, but fun kitchen. The counter tops are black, so the green helps to soften the color a bit. I love it, but cannot get a picture that shows you the full effect. You get what you get, and you don't get upset. It's something, right Melissa?;)
And this is a continuation of my new found love of red as an accent. Not an entire room- what is it, an OR? An accent- say it with me. So my living room was brown, and not a pretty chocolate brown, but tan. The vanilla of browns. The floor, the walls, the furniture. ALL OF IT! The only color was the prints you see above. Love my Kim Parker prints, but you could barely see them on the tan wall. So I matched found a color to compliment the red in the prints, and we painted only the wall that they are on. I LOVE IT!!!!! It makes me smile all day, I just love the color, and the way it warmed the room up. Did I mention how great it makes my prints look? They POP! Now I just need some window treatments, to bring the other window into the color love. I have color love. The love of color.

Yay red, as an accent, of course. Anyone have any idea what to paint with the other half of the gallon?

4 comments:

Colleen said...

It looks great! Maybe a little accent table flea market find for the rest of your paint?

Kristina said...

Glad to see some of your changes. Now what about the bathroom and playroom???? Love the red.

Melissa said...

Simply fab-u-lous. Love it, for reals. You totally hit the paint colors spot on, which is so hard for me to do. Not hit some garage sales and find a little table/bench to paint red for the opposite wall. And I'm with Kris, I'd love those other in-the-past updates (they are new to me, ya know).

Yay!

Jim and Kathy said...

I really love it! Very classy.