Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Somethin' about Sisters

Do you know how much my two girls adore each other? I know it, but sometimes it surprises even me. Ben and Grace had a sleepover at Grandma and Papa's on Sunday night, and did not get home until last night, when both girls were already sleeping. That means they had not seen each other in 42 hours. Please keep in mind that Grace had not seen me in that long, as well.
So this morning when Grace woke up and came down the stairs, who do you think she ran to and hugged and kissed? Me? You would think. Nope, she NEVER even looked at me- she ran up to Emma and snuggled and said "I missed you, Emma"over and over. Grace still did not look at me, as she was hugging Emma, and Emma was happily being loved. Please do not get me wrong, I love that they missed each other, and were happy to be together. It has made me smile all day, every time that I think of their happy reunion.

I know that it will not always be this way, that they will fight over toys, then clothes and makeup. I know this, and am glad that this post will always be my reminder of the bond between them.
It is my hope and my prayer that this bond will get my girls through some tough times, and that they will always remember that they have each other, when it feels like the rest of the world is against them.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This post actually brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully said, and so super sweet. What little angels you have, who in turn have each other.

Kristina said...

So sweet. I just love the sister bond. Why couldn't I have a sister like that? (Hee hee hee!) Just kidding. Love the girls together.