Friday, December 5, 2008

It's Christmas Card Time Again!

We took our Christmas card pictures tonight. So much fun. This is one of those annual family traditions that I just do not look forward to (you know, like the tradition of arguing over where we are going for which hour of the two day holiday, but that is another post). To get three children to all look in the same direction, while smiling, is virtually impossible. Maybe a seasoned photographer may be able to do it, but not me. No, not me. Thank heavens they are cute.

I thought that you would like to see some of the pics that were cut. This way you can share in the joy of the task.

Did you know that babies could give such dirty looks? Or that brothers could be so wacky? (notice Grace's new haircut- love it!)
Please do not let this fool you- it was not all hugs and kisses:

Sisters sharing in the joys and beauty of the season:


And then it was over. Ben had the prize in sight (candy cane- again, not above bribing!), and was very well behaved. Grace was not interested in sitting still, and Emma kept staring at the flash and blinding herself.


The chosen picture! Grace had hair over her face, Emma had a hand in her mouth, and you see more carpet than tree. Whatever. The cards will be mailed, people will say "aren't they sweet" (because how could you not?), and that will be that. Yipee. I can mark one more thing off of my Christmas list. Now if I could just mark one more paper off of my end of the semester list. Oh, well.
Happy December!




3 comments:

Colleen said...

That's exactly why I don't love doing family photos. Way too many people to try and get to smile all at once! They are pretty darn cute though. :)

Kristina said...

I love seeing the development of the family photo. Thanks for the journey. Love your kids. Emma looks so much older! She is a little person.

Melissa said...

As I said, love these pictures. Cute, cute, cute, all of your kiddos. Can't wait to get the card! Grace's hair in fab-u-lous.