Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Catching Up

We've been busy and I thought that I would do some catching up-

Ben: is getting ready to turn 5, is staying busy in school, and has started Occupation Therapy at St. Scholastica. Yay for great student therapists and their knowledge of sensory therapy. We have great hopes that this will help us in some challenging areas. Ben loves Wall-e and electricity, and Handy Manny. He is going to miss his mom when he goes to kindergarten next year, and he is NEVER GOING TO COLLEGE. Unless I go with him, and considering that I will likely still be going to school in 13 years, it is a possibility!

Grace: has been very busy cooking and taking care of "our baby" Emma. Grace is a Sunbeam this year, and is doing well (if we can convince her that it will soon be singing time!). She loves Aunt Alli 'more than the sunset loves the house' and her very favorite book is "Pinkalicious". Have you read it? You should.

Emma: had a 9-month checkup and is doing very well. She weighs 18 pounds, 12 ounces, (50th percentile) and is 27.75 inches long (50th percentile). She is busy rolling around the house, getting in to EVERYTHING! Heaven help us!

Josh: Busy with work and EMT refresher and ambulance calls. Has been spending most of his free time alternating between shoveling large amounts of snow and warming up the cars for long periods of time, just to defrost the windows. We are not exactly fans of winter up here!

Me: school started, so I am busy trying to find time to study and do coursework, while still caring for the house and kids. It is balancing act, and my world often seems in danger of crashing around me. I have been able to keep that from happening, at least thus far.

We have been doing some various work around the house, trying to increase storage and organization, as we feel that we will be living in this house for a while- it just does not make sense to make any changes right now.

Winter has been long and hard around here, and we are counting the days until SPRING. Sadly, we will be counting for a looooong time still. Oh, my.

If you read this, long enough to reach this paragraph- thanks! If you did not, I understand. This is just for me to remember this time in our lives. (can you tell I am a bit shocked at the idea of having a 5 year old, and I am trying to remember the past 5 years? Well, I am.)

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Thanks for the family update. I keep hearing about these storage changes, but for some reason, I have a hard time picturing them. Oh wait. It's because you haven't posted a picture! WE WANT PICTURES!!!

Melissa said...

I tried commenting on this yesterday but was having infuriating internet problems and it froze midway through posting my comment. Anyway...

I think it's good to capture a day in the life now and then. As President Monson said, we will wish for the day when we had to wipe small fingerprints off of every surface of the house. Yeah, right ;) Really, these are the best of times and it's good to document for the future. Thanks for sharing.