Saturday, January 17, 2009

A horse is a horse, of course...

... unless it's a cake!

This is the cake that I made today for Josh's sister's stepdaughter, Breanna. It was her birthday party, but she actually turned 9 on the 9th, so it was an extra-special birthday. She loves horses, so I spent some time on the internet, trying to find a cake that would be fun and not too difficult. Yeah, right!
The body is made of two 9x13 cakes, two 9 inch round cakes, and a bowl with cake mix in it. The head and ears are made of a great big rice krispy treat, with chocolate frosing all over the horse. There are flaws, things that I look at and think "that is just not right", but I think it turned out pretty well.

Breanna loved it, her friends liked it, and it tasted great. That makes it a great success, in my book!


3 comments:

Kristina said...

Great job! It definitely looks like a horse. You are a good aunt. I would like you to start planning for Nolan's birthdays. How about a globe? Or maybe the statue of Liberty? Or something else really hard. You obviously can handle anything!

Colleen said...

Wow, I'm impressed!

Melissa said...

Wow, you are seriously talented. That is a huge effort, and I think it turned out perfect - I'm serious, it's awesome. You could so go into a cake decorating business!