Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Funny, Funny Boy

OK, so Ben is a very funny boy, especially when he is not trying to be. A few weeks ago we were talking about moving, you know the "we need a bigger house and better neighbors, etc." discussion. This did not make Ben happy at all-he suggested that we just make our house bigger. He then siad "if you talk about moving one more time, I am going to say a naughty word". "Which one?" I asked. He put his hands on his hips, glared at me and said "Shut Up". (read this with the most attitude a 4-year-old can give) Seriously, that is the worst word he knows? Shut Up??!!!! I will take that anyday!
Fast forward to yesterday, another day, another argument with a feisty four-year-old. Ben was mad about something (as usual) and looked at me and said "If you do that again I am going to go potty somewhere that is not the potty OR a tree". I guess that in his mind there are TWO acceptable places to go to the bathroom. Thank you, Papa Jim!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Ha ha! That's so funny "not the potty or a tree." Elijah just parrots us when he gets made. "I am getting very mad. Stop that RIGHT NOW." Kids are too funny.

Melissa said...

Laughing out loud right now! Ahhh, funny feisty Ben. Love him. And for days after we got home from MN, Connor kept wanting to go in the backyard. I've quickly curbed that. :) Don't know how you can fight it when it's an ongoing thing up there!

Kristina said...

Ben cracks me up. I wish I had been at the family reunion for his little "show" there. That Papa Jim...