Tuesday, October 14, 2008

6 months

How did this happen? How is Emma already six months old? I feel so sad, but happy at the same time. I love my children and I loved them as babies, but the baby stage- not my favorite. At least not the tiny baby stage. I love the six month and up crowd- the developing of so many fun skills, like sitting and crawling (mobility is bittersweet, I admit), even walking. I am excited that Emma is approaching these new milestones. However, she is likely our last child, and therefore my baby. It makes me sad that I will not have a tiny baby again, that I will not hear that newborn cry (as Emma's cries are a bit louder and more grown up now). Then I think that my babies can have the babies, and I can send them home at the end of the day. And then I am JUST FINE! But still, a bit sad.

What can I tell you about Emma that you don't already know? She still thinks that her big brother and sister are the best people in the world- they get bigger smiles than Josh and I do:)
She is still so sweet and loving, loves to snuggle and cuddle. Starting to sit on her own is the newest challenge for Emma, and she has done so for a few seconds now, until a different toy catches her eye and then PLOP! Talking is so much fun, and peek-a-boo rocks! She likes to play this while nursing (not quite so fun!!). Books are a favorite toy, turning pages and eating corners.

Turning over has been causing some sleep issues, cribs just are not wide enough for a double roll. Fortunately, mommy is always awake, so Emma can just cry and mom will make it all better. Who needs sleep? Totally overrated, I assure you! Except I cannot remember much about sleep so I may be downplaying the luxury of it to make myself feel better. Hmm.
These past 6 months have gone so quickly that I sometimes forget just how big Emma is- but she reminds us. She may be laid back, but she is no pushover. Just try her! I dare you!

We love you Emma Margaret! Happy 6 months!!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Happy 6 months, sweetie! You sure are a precious one. I love the polka-dot outfit. That whole rolling thing really messes up naps. It is truly lucky that you are awake to help her at any hour, day or night. She is such a beautiful little girl.

Colleen said...

Great photos, love those cheeks!

Melissa said...

Cute pics, love her outfit, love her name. Happy 6 months Emma Margaret!