Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ben and AllSpark

This afternoon Ben got it in his head that he was going to make a robot that worked and moved by itself. Before dinner, he drew the plans for a robot, and knew just what he wanted to make.

After dinner, he and Josh took apart a remote control truck, gathered supplies, and built a robot that is controlled by remote. The name is AllSpark, and I guess he beeps when danger is near.

I introduce to you AllSpark, and his very proud builder:
The mind of a five year old boy never ceases to amaze me. In case the pictures are not very clear, AllSpark has a head, two arms, and four wheels. He is at this moment rolling around the living room floor. I honestly do not know it I have seen Ben so excited! Or proud!
This has been so exciting, and such a wonder for a little boy to see the plans in his mind come alive!


3 comments:

Kristina said...

I LOVE AllSpark! What a great name for a robot. How amazing that a little boy can get a picture in his head created. What a great little mind.

Jim and Kathy said...

What an imagination. We sure would have fun with that robot! Love you lots and will miss you. Nice job, Ben!

Melissa said...

So cute and imaginative. I seriously love Ben in his glasses - watch out Harry Potter! AllSpark is a perfect name.