Friday, February 6, 2009

Do you see what I see?

Ben had his vision exam today. He needs glasses. Badly. His prescription is pretty strong, and his right eye is worse than his left, so we go back in 5 weeks to see if we will need to patch the eye. This all sounds so fun, don't you think?

We picked out some super cute glasses, and they will be here in about a week. I will post pictures then, so that you can all see how handsome (and grown up) he looks in them. I will say that they had frames that were perfectly round, just like Harry Potter. We did not get those. We got lenses with scratch guard, and I made sure there was some kind of warranty on the glasses. How on earth do I convince Ben that glasses are breakable and expensive, and we must be very careful with that particular combination? I have no idea.

So that is that, we will show you pictures when the new glasses arrive!

By the way- so much for memorizing the vision charts. It totally did not work!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Bummer, but he will be SO CUTE in them! I think little boys in glasses are adorable. Can't wait to see pictures. :)

Kristina said...

Ben just takes after his aunt Kristina. Except, I didn't have to get them until 4th grade. Maybe I was blind forever before then. Who knows. He will be adorable and so smart looking! Kids will never tease him because he gets them when they are cool. After that, they are just a part of him and no one will notice. Unless you make him wear bright pink or bright blue ones...I am scarred.

Melissa said...

He really will be about as cute as can be, he has the perfect little glasses face. But I am sure it will be a huge adjustment for him. Hugs to Ben for fixing up that vision of his!