Friday, November 14, 2008

Emma is 7 months!

So Emma is 7 months today. I love this age, and am glad that Em is growing and developing as she should be, but I sometimes wish time could stand still, just for a month or two. I worry that I will not remember her first year, and am very glad that I started this blog, for all of the small things that I will likely forget.

Emma started sitting on her own this month- a huge deal in the life of a baby. Now she can play with her toys longer, and she must feel like she is keeping up with her brother and sister a bit more.

Here she is, praciticing her new skill- (she cannot have a toy without pillows around her yet, as she will dive for the toy if it gets away)

What a sweet little girl Emma is! She loves loves loves to laugh and smile. She is developing small parts of her personality, and thinks it is so funny to get away with things, like not napping. When we get her out of her crib after a non-nap, she looks so proud! Is she testing us already?
I know that you are looking at her legs, and thinking "can legs actually be that chubby?". I assure you, they can and they are. Actually, she is thinning out a bit, now that she is mobile and rolling all over the floor (another huge development this month!). Yes, Emma loves to eat and yes, she wants to eat NOW!!! Green peas are her favorite, and most fruits are so yummy, too. She started puffs and Cheerios today, and they were a hit!
Em still loves her brother and sister, and they love her. They read her books and tell her stories, and Grace has decided that she should be able to pick Emma up off of the floor now. We have decided that she should not. Grace thinks that this is still up for debate, I think that it is not. I win every time. Ben is excited to have found an attentive audience for his elaborate ramblings, and Emma thinks that his rambling is fascinating. Really, everyone wins.
Happy 7 months baby girl!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I am so excited to see a new picture of her. She is so sweet. I am giggling at your post. I can just see Ben going on and on, and I bet Emma really does love it. Her legs look just great to me. Yay for sitting up and rolling. Independence!

Melissa said...

I pretty much ROFLOL every time I read your posts. Funny girl.

Emma is doing such big things, I agree about slowing down time. With your first it's just "grow grow grow" and with your youngest it's "stay stay stay." Sweet girl, I am glad Ben has found her to be a good ear.