Monday, November 17, 2008

Super Star!

Today was our ward's Primary Program, and it was the first time that I had a child participate in the program. Ben is a SUNBEAM this year, and sat with his friends and teacher. He did so well, speaking in the microphone three times, and doing so clearly and without any added comments or sounds. During the practices, he thought it would be much better if he said "I Am a Child of God" and then blew loudly into the microphone. Or made funny noises. Or whatever. Unfortunately (for him) no one else felt that this was necessary, so his leader physically removed him from the podium immediately after saying only his designated lines. Nothing else. No improvising, no making up his own scriptures. It worked well. He said what he was told, and sat down. If you know Ben like I know Ben, you know that this was a great challenge to him, to only say a few words and be done with it. Yay Ben!
It was a beautiful program, and all of the children did well. Ben sat still, and sang along with all of the songs, and I am so proud of him!!!

You would think that the first picture on this post would be of Ben, but this is how the pictures decided to present themselves, and I am unable to do anything about it. I wanted to show you pictures of all three children dressed for church, and I did. They are here, just not in the order I chose. Computers really do have a mind of their own, don't they? And why did the computer put the pictures youngest to oldest? (just something to think about, for next time).

So here is Emma, as she is the youngest and clearly that is how my computer thought the pictures should be shown. She is pretty in pink!
Here is a cute brother/sister shot- completely unposed. I was trying to get a different pose, and this is what they did. Much better than my chosen pose.

Grace in her new cute dress- I love this snuggly winter dress. Next year she will be a Sunbeam!

And finally, the reason for the post-Ben. Such a handsome little boy, don't you think?
Great Job Ben! I am so proud of you!



3 comments:

Colleen said...

Good job Ben! It's funny how they sometimes surprise us with their good behavior. :) Love the photos!

Kristina said...

Great work Benny! You look so grown up. I can just imagine the funny things that boy could come up with to say. He sure cracks me up. Love the brother-sister picture. Cute!

Melissa said...

It really is fantastic that Ben did such a great job! He is doing so well, it's awesome. He really is looking so old. Kindergarten before you know it! Cute pictures all in all. I remember that dress that Emma is wearing, I loved it on Isabel.