Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

I know that you know what yesterday was, and I also know how much you have been looking forward to seeing how adorable my children were in their costumes. Without further ado, I present to you my most adorable (and at times quite spooky) children:

This is Ben, aka ROBAR (his self-pronounced robot name). We had a hard time finding him a costume that was exciting and fun, while at the same time not too scary (and not too hard to wear). I googled homemade costumes, and saw some robot pics. This is our version of a friendly robot:
It is amazing what you can do with boxes, foil, and dryer vents. Ben loved loved loved his costume, and it was a huge hit at his school party, as well as with those handing out his tricks-or-treats. We even added a light on the front, for fun and safety's sake.
The weather this year was so warm (lower 40's with little wind and no snow or rain- we actually saw stars on Halloween) that Emma came with us for most of the trick-or-treating. She has a new down snowsuit which kept her quite snuggly. Actually, it kept her so snuggly that she took a 45 minute nap (at 6:15 in the evening- I had visions of a late night Halloween party in our house, but she went to bed like a good little girl). Anyways, here she is thinking it was all clearly a trick, with no treats in sight. Emma was a trooper, only crying to get the show on the road.

Which witch is your witch? This is my little witch, and a cute little witch she was! Winter hats were necessary (this is Minnesota, after all), as well as heavy fleece jackets, but they fit nicely under the costume. The costume had a nice addition of glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets for safety. The better to see you with, my dear. Safety is an important part of Halloween, and we say the brighter the better!

Grace was so excited to be a witch, and never wavered from her decision. We had the cute witch dress, left over from my Mom's days of making costumes. I decorated the broomstick with a black cat and two bats, and her hat was embellished with some glitter glue. Fun black boots completed the costume, and 'poof' we had ourselves one witchy witch!

Please excuse our pictures, they are not the best. Things were a bit hectic, trying to get everyone out the door. I think that you get the idea, and can see the utter adorableness (and none of the spookiness) of this fun Halloween!




3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think the pictures are darling! Seriously, I love all of them. The robot turned out fantastic, I love the name ROBAR. And Grace is a totally darling witch, I love the first picture of her straight on with her braids coming out of her hat - you must do that more! It is a fantastic look on her, her face looks beautiful. Her coloring is amazing. Glad Emma didn't throw you a late-night Halloween party!

Kristina said...

I love the costumes. Josh did a great job with the robot. Ben looks awesome! Gracie's witch costume is really cute too. I love the birds on the broom. And little Emma was a great snowsuit wearer. : ) I am glad you all had so much fun!

Colleen said...

Cute kiddos! I love homemade costumes, they're the best!